Tuesday, November 3, 2009

“Recalling Your Personal History Can Be Revitalizing”

Do you have a relationship with God?

“Recalling Your Personal History Can Be Revitalizing”

I have a history with God. He has brought me through many trials and tribulations; hurts and pains. He has also showered me with favor and mountain top experiences. I know God for myself; I believe in Him and trust Him. I really love God and am learning how to love Him even more. I already know he won’t leave me nor forsake me; God has delivered me from my past; and even right now HE is delivering me from my present. The exciting thing is I know HE has already provided for me in my future.

No I don’t have it all together, so don’t get me wrong. This walk; this journey is a process. I’m just trying to be obedient. I have my days; I have situations that I go through that appear to be insurmountable. Illness, suffering relationships, out of work, you name it I have been through it. I have those days when I look into space and just wonder what is next for me. I think things like….

“God, are you sure this is what you want for me?”

“God this doesn’t feel good!”

“Hey God……………., I’m still here!”

“Oh God, can you hear me?”

“Are you listening?”

“Oh yeah, in the name of Jesus………did I forget to say that?”

Then I have to shake myself out of that thinking because that is when doubt creeps in. I can’t go there. When I go there I definitely can’t stay there long. If I go there and stay long, the enemy starts licking his chops; getting ready to eat me alive!

Have you ever been there and done that? You can’t stay there long, right? One thing that helps me work through situations is remembering my past; my past relationship with God, that is. Try it. Try remembering your personal history of events that you may recall experiencing when things were not going so well. Then ask yourself the following five questions. 1. What was your situation? 2. What things occurred that seemed to make matters worse? 3. What took place that gave indication that change or help was on the way? 4. What part did God play in this situation? 5. How was your relationship with God before, during and after you experienced this situation?

Please share with me your response to these questions as it pertains to at least one or a few situations in your past where God brought you through. Also share whether or not recalling that situation has helped you in the present. I am not only very much interested in reading your comments about this blog; I also want to read your answers to these questions.

Remember; if you are working through a challenge in your life and trying to make it through a situation, hopefully this blog and these questions will help you establish an outline of your past as “recalling your personal history can be revitalizing” and may help you think through your current situation.

1 comment:

  1. True, revisiting the good God has granted me helps in the present. God has cured me from cancer, gave me favor in jobs and keep me safe. Remembering, keeps me going now when I am out of work with many unknowns. For me, I know God can't work when I doubt or have fear. It's important I don't dwell on the problems, instead focusing on the potential future God has for me gives energy. My faith and trust in him allows God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to lead me where God wants me. Too much time spent on the past failures only leads to a dysfunctional present, delays a positive future in my experiences. God is doing something in his people, creating character and patience through perservance, I think. Exciting really.

    ReplyDelete